Amazon Web Services has selected IE’s success case as one of the three to share in this year’s AWS Madrid Summit held at Kinépolis.
Our CIO, Carlos Garriga, presented the case as part of the opening keynote, together with the other two companies selected: Grupo Santander’s Openbank and Wallapop. Attendance to the 2017 edition has reached about 2,500 people, more than doubling that of last year.
Some cloud benefits for IE:
- Improve delivered QoS globally
- Videoconferencing for Blended Programs
- Scalability and service availability
- Auto Scaling effectively manages demand spikes on marketing campaigns and enrollment periods
- Cost savings
- Development servers switch off at nights and weekends
- Deployment of isolated environments for student’s labs
- Disaster Recovery
- Move from traditional tape backup strategy to snapshotting
- Fast adoption of new technologies
- Dockerize third party developments for trials, pilots, etc.